The gambling industry and casinos have developed regularly from time to time. And with the increase in the number of betting places available, punters have also increased their skill levels. People enjoy many popular games like Roulette, Blackjack, Poker, and many more. Slots are also loved by many people who visit the land establishments or take part in online gambling sessions. But when you’re playing slots, there is no particular strategy or tactic to use. So what about the other games? Famous mathematicians who were also gamblers have developed many strategies; one is Oscar’s grind roulette strategy.
Let us start with how the strategy was formed. The first mention of this strategy is in a book written by author Allan Wilson. In 1965, he interviewed a person named Oscar, who used to simply grind a small win every day from the roulette tables. The author, in his notes, says that Oscar had a firm principle behind the strategy. The main two things and references for this strategy are that bets never get too high. And the roulette system helps him win over the house edge. The betting strategy of Oscar is similar to the method developed by Victor Bethell and the Martingale betting strategy. We should look at how you can utilize this strategy in actual games.
The betting strategy uses simple principles. It has an easy-to-understand mathematical foundation where you keep your wagers small. The small bets make it easy for you to recoup after a loss. The strategy best works on even money bets (e.g., Odd/Even, Red/Black, and high/low).
Steps to Employ the Oscar’s Grind Roulette Strategy
- The first thing that a player should do is choose table stakes with an adequate bankroll and enough chips not to miss a single spin cycle.
- The strategy is optimal to use on a single zero wheel. You can additionally use the benefit of En Prison or La Partage for reducing the house edge of a casino.
- Now you have to select a basic unit for Oscar’s grind strategy to work. You have to choose a basic unit and place a bet using 1 unit. If you win, continue with the same amount. You will increase your wager amount by 1 unit after a loss.
- After increasing the bet amount to 2 units, you will continue betting till you make profits. Return your bet amount to 1 unit after making a profit.
- This strategy aims to make small profits during each string of wagers. You can write down the events and review them later.
These steps will benefit you and help in adequately employing the fantastic strategy. Whether online or offline, you have to be careful of your actions whenever you are gambling. One wrong decision can lead you to a series of unrecoverable losses. Though many strategies have low risks involved, the stakes are still there. So, we highly suggest that you do responsible gambling with proper bankroll management. Now let us see how this strategy is helpful for you.
We will use an example to understand how this strategy works. At the end of the sample, you will find how the system benefits you and increases your earnings. Let us take a table-stakes bankroll with 100 units. Now, you will bet one unit at the start of the game. If you win, then keep wagering the same amount on later bets.
The string is a winner for you, and you have to start a new one every time. Oscar’s grind strategy will be used when you bet one unit and lose.
Lost After Placing A bet of 1 Unit
If you have bet on one unit and lost, keep wagering one unit until you win. After a win, increase your wager amount to 2. Even after increasing the wager, is your string still negative? Then the resulting string would like 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,2.
- Bet 1 unit and lose (-1)
- Bet 1 unit and lose (-2)
- Bet 1 unit and lose (-3)
- Bet 1 unit and win (-2) – time to raise the bet
- Bet 2 units and lose (-4)
- Bet 2 units and lose (-6)
- Bet 2 units and win (-4) – still in the negative, time to raise the bet.
- Bet 3 units and win (-1) – still in the negative, but drop wager amount to 2 units, so a win ends string at +1
Bet 2 units and win (+1) – start a new string